First Time Login
Congratulations on becoming part of Pacific University. Here are the next steps to log in and establish your online account:
When Is Your Account Created?
For students, your account is created the day after your deposit has been received. For faculty and staff, your account is created the day after your visit with Human Resources.
You may have received an email ("Your Pacific University Oregon Account") telling you that you can log in and giving you a special one-time-use link to log in and establish your account. If you received such an email, click on the link to start the process.
Otherwise, you'll need to know your PUNet ID, which is generally the first four letters of your last name and the last four digits of your student ID number. If you don't know your PUNet ID, call the TIC, Pacific University's technology helpdesk, at 503-352-1500. The PUNet ID is always lower case. Once you have your PUNet ID, log in to myAccount with the username being your PUNet ID and the password being PassMMDD (where MM is two digits for the month of your birth an DD is two digits for the day of your birth).
Establishing Your Account
Once you log in to the myAccount system for the first time, you will be asked to:
- Agree to the latest version of our Appropriate Use Policy for Information Technology
- Establish a non-default password
- (Optional) Create an email alias. (This is an alternate address you can receive mail through. Creating an alias does not change your login username.)
- (Optional) Register a third-party email address and answer security questions. (This helps you with self service password resets and allows for phone verification of your identity by helpdesk staff.)
- (Optional) Sign up for optional email newsletters
Review the personal information the university has about you. (You can correct this from the myAccount main menu.)
- Sign up for BoxerAlerts to receive emergency announcements and info about unplanned campus closures on your mobile phone
Once you have completed these steps, your account is now ready to use to log in to Pacific University online services.