Digital Signage Procedures
This document should serve as a checklist for departments to follow when implementing digital signage.
The campus standard for digital signage software is Rise Vision. The departmental Digital Coordinator will coordinate with Marcom to setup a company account to create, develop, and manage the display(s).
Any monthly fees from Rise Vision for content storage or widget use would be the responsibility of the department to pay.
- Review the university Digital Signage Policy
- Complete a UIS Project Request form to describe your specific use and purpose of the sign. This allows UIS to review and recommend appropriate equipment and sizing of hardware
- Contact Facilities to review and approve the desired location of the signage and to coordinate contractors required for the project
- Work with UIS to get quotes and coordinate ordering of digital signage equipment including display and computer
- Coordinate with MarCom to create the company account for your department and give access to university templates
- Begin reviewing Rise Vision training materials and the User Documentation web site
- Work with other university content managers as a support group for campus digital signage users
- Work with UIS to Establish links to campus emergency communications system as that is incorporated into digital signage
- Department is responsible to provide time for content managers to be self-trained using the free and paid resources provided on the Rise Vision website.
- Manage all custom development requested through Rise Vision or other third party vendor integration