Installing and Using Pharos Xerox Copiers - MacOS
This documents describes how to install the Pharos printers and set common options. The Pharos print system is the cost-per-page printers located in Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Eugene and is available to all students, faculty and staff.
Downloading Pharos PopUp Installer
- From a web browser go to https://pacificu.box.com/Pharos
- Browse to the Mac folder
- In the Mac folder download the "printer-wizard-xerox.dmg" file to your computer.
Installing the Pharos Popup Utility
- Locate the “printer-wizard-xerox.dmg” file that you previously downloaded and double-click to mount the disk image. Double click on the “popup.pkg” and follow all instructions to install the Pharos PopUp Utility.
Note: When you send your first print job, you will probably see an alert in the dock that some of the software for the printer is missing. Click Install to have the OS load and install the correct drivers automatically.
You should now have all Pacific University Pharos copiers installed and ready to use on your computer. To verify, open the System Preferences and choose Print & Scan. You should find a copier listed for each campus (Forest Grove, Hillsboro, and Eugene).
Printing to Pharos Printers
From any application’s print dialog, choose any of the Pacific University Pharos Printers from the drop-down printer list. Once you click Print and your computer has processed your print job you should be prompted by the Pharos PopUp utility for your Username. Be sure to enter your PUNetID and then click Print. You can now release your print job from any of your campus print release stations.
Additional Print Options
The Pharos Copiers are capable of printing both color and black & white print jobs and are billed by color detection. If you have color in your document and do not want it to print in color, you can force it to print black & white.
To force a job to print black & white:
1) If the print window is not already expanded, do so at this time to reveal
all opions by clicking on the triangle next to the selected printer name.
2) Go to the popup menu in the middle of the window (defaults to
“Layout”) and select “Xerox Features”
3) Change the popup menu under “Xerox Features” from “Printer/Output” to “Color Options”
4) Change the Color Mode from Automatic to “Black and White”
At this point, the document will print in black & white and be billed at the B&W rate.
Pharos Xerox Copier Manual
For detailed instructions on using copier functions for Print, Copy, Scan to Email, Scan to USB, Print from USB, see the Pharos Xerox Copier Manual.