Most Popular
Recently Added
Recently Updated

Service Level Agreement For Events Requiring Audiovisual Support

In Brief

For events that are by students and for students, where people are paying to use UIS facilities or where the public is invited, your first call should be to ACE (Activities and Cultural Events) Board or CESS (Conference and Event Support Services). For all other events, contact UIS by requesting a UIS consult when reserving the room/space in EMS. UIS specializes in helping event sponsors learn to use built-in or checkout technology and typically does not provide live support during events.

Event Tech Coordination

For any given event, the tech coordinator is the central point of contact for technology needs for the person sponsoring the event. The tech coordinator for an event depends upon the type of event:

  • Events for students by students: Coordinated by ACE Board (at their discretion)
  • Events for people who are paying to use university facilities: Coordinated by CESS
  • Events where the public is invited to attend (e.g. concerts, Commencement, big-name lectures): Coordinated by CESS
  • Everything else: Coordinated by UIS

Regardless of who coordinates tech for the event, the services of staff and student workers at ACE Board, CESS, UIS or third-party AV companies may be involved. None of the groups mentioned here have the equipment or staffing to directly support every event. The tech coordinator will determine when the expertise and equipment of these parties are needed.

Requesting UIS Event Support

The best way to request event support is to reserve the room or space for your event through EMS. Use the “Request a Meeting or Event” option and, in the “Tech Equipment” section, choose “Non-Self Service Technology Request” and “Please consult with me.” To give us the best chance to support you, please request support as far in advance of your event as possible.

If you would like to consult with someone before reserving your space (e.g. if you want advice on which space to reserve) or if you are requesting support for an off-campus event, please email

Types of Support Provided

UIS maintains easy-to-use audiovisual equipment in many rooms and event spaces across the Pacific campuses. We also maintain a pool of consumer-level AV equipment available for free checkout (including laptops, consumer digital videocameras, portable projectors, portable screens and portable PA systems). Our preferred method of supporting events is to give the event organizers the information, training and, where necessary, the checkout equipment to be able to support their own events. Checkout equipment is generally "consumer" level technology (as opposed to "professional" level). Also, availability is limited.

For events that happen on the Forest Grove or Hillsboro campuses during normal business hours, UIS can provide on-site support setting up for events and tearing down after events. UIS does not generally provide support during the events we coordinate support for. UIS can help event sponsors find qualified student workers that can be hired to provide support during events. Such student workers typically charge $20/hr.

UIS does provide during-event support for some events coordinated by CESS where the events are considered high-profile and UIS specialization is needed. Such events include Commencement, State of the University Address, Board of Trustees Meetings, Luau and Staff and Faculty Honors and Awards.

Further Resources

  • CESS can be contacted at 503-352-2111 or .
  • ACE Board help can be requested by emailing or by attending an ACE Board meeting (Tuesdays at 11:25am in UC 114 during the Spring 2016 term).

  • See our knowledgebase article How to Find Video Recording and Production at Pacific University

Questions? Comments?

Contact Support

Properties ID: 000217   Views: 1618   Updated: 2 years ago