Connecting to and Using Boxer Guest
About Boxer Guest
Pacific University provides the Boxer Guest wireless network as an option for guests to Pacific University to gain temporary Internet access. Boxer Guest is available in most of the buildings on the Forest Grove campus, the Hillsboro campus (excluding the Tuality 7th Avenue Medical Plaza), and several of our remote sites (MFA office, Hawaii office, Eugene Campus, and Woodburn Campus).
Please be aware that Internet speeds on Boxer Guest are limited and should not be used by university employees or students who should instead access Boxer Wireless.
Pacific reserves the right to remove user access to Boxer Guest for violations of the terms and conditions without notification and to limit access to any sites considered inappropriate. This service is offered "as is" with no guarantees.
Obtaining the username and password for Boxer Guest
Wireless credentials for guests can be obtained and provided by University employees, current students, event organizers, and the Technology Helpdesk by logging in to view this document. The credentials are changed without notice no less than twice per year.
Connecting to Boxer Guest
- Begin by opening the wireless settings for your computer or mobile device so that it shows a list of available wireless networks.
- Choose Boxer Guest from the list.
- Open a web browser and navigate to any unencrypted (http) web page. Encrypted (https) sites may give a certificate error on the redirect or fail to redirect the user to the login page.
- The Boxer Guest login page should appear in the user's browser.
- Use the guest credentials provided (user name and password) and click the “I Agreee” button to sign in.
Registration is valid for 24 hours. After that time, you will be redirected to the login page where you can sign in for another 24 hours of access.
If you have trouble connecting to Boxer Guest, please see our instructions for contacting support at the Technology Help Desk. Please be aware that support of students, faculty and staff takes precedence over support of the Boxer Guest system.